CBD Benefits For Skin: The Complete Guide For CBD Skin Care
Table of Content
In recent years, the popularity of CBD has increased significantly. The compound cannabidiol, naturally found in the cannabis plant, has infiltrated society as a supportive nutrient for a wide array of issues. This is due to the passage of the U.S. Farm Bill in 2018, which legalized industrial hemp, and the legalization of medical and recreational cannabis at the state level.
Along with the medical industry, CBD has found its way into other sectors, such as cosmetics, skin care, food, drinks, and pet products. CBD is available in a variety of forms, but its usage depends on personal needs and preferences. Some of the most common delivery methods include:
- Topicals: CBD-infused oils, creams, and lotions intended to be applied directly on the skin, hair, and nails. These products may also be used to treat localized pain.
- Edibles: From gummies and chocolates to cookies and tea, there is a growing range of CBD-infused food and drinks available on the market.
- Oils and tinctures: These concentrated forms of CBD are placed under the tongue with a dropper and absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
- Softgels and capsules: CBD capsules and softgels offer quick absorption and are a travel-friendly option for individuals on the go.
Why People Are Choosing CBD
CBD is gaining momentum in the health and wellness world. It’s a natural option to help support joint function, normal inflammatory response, and a good night’s sleep. High-potency CBD oil helps to support:
- A balanced mood
- Healthy joint mobility
- A normal recovery response
- A good night’s sleep
- A sense of relaxation
Quality CBD oil does not have the mind-altering effects of marijuana. For this reason, many individuals choose to use CBD as a plant-based alternative to help support their wellness.
Why CBD is Good For Your Skin
Ingredients in CBD help to support healthy inflammatory function, making it a great option for beauty and skin care products. CBD is often added to creams, serums, face washes, and moisturizers.
There are many CBD oil benefits for the skin that help to contribute to healthy and even-toned skin. CBD skin care benefits include:
- Helps to support clear skin: CBD has the ability to fight breakouts and inflammation, making it an ideal support for acne.
- Helps to support even skin: CBD contains numerous antioxidant properties that help to counteract free-radicals and reduce the appearance of visible wrinkles.
- Helps to support skin moisture: CBD oil contains a balance of nutrients that nourish and moisturize the skin. Topical CBD is not only a gentle, non-irritating ingredient, but it also helps to support skin moisturize for red or itchy skin.
The Importance of High Potency CBD for Skin
A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found widespread mislabeling of CBD products being sold online. So beware, not all CBD skin care is created equally. While it's true that CBD can indeed have incredible skin benefits, if you don't have a high dosage of CBD in the product, then it's probably not as effective as you’d think.
For example, in popular CBD skincare a commonly used formulation is a 100MG CBD dose. Assuming these 1oz. doses will last for 35 uses, your average dollop will contain just under 3MG of CBD per serving.
This isn't to say that these products likely don't have other beneficial skincare ingredients that will nourish the skin, you're just better off buying a cheap skincare product without CBD if you're going to buy it at such low potency.
The higher the potency, the better the likelihood that you'll get the benefits you're looking to get out of CBD skin care, including support for brighter skin appearance and healthy inflammatory function.
Take for instance our Neurogan CBD Cooling Rub available in strengths of 500-2,000MG. In a dollop of our CBD 2,000MG Cooling Rub, there is up to 60MG of CBD per serving. When you spread the cooling rub on an ache or pain, this highly concentrated amount is soaking deep into the skin.
CBD has the potential to become part of your everyday skin care routine in the form of lotions, serums, and creams. While more research is needed to discover how the substance could help various conditions, the future for CBD skin care looks promising. To start your cannabidiol-infused skin care routine, browse our CBD balms and lotions here.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product.
Interested in Learning More? Get in Touch with a Product SpecialstContact us